Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I slowly run out of titles...

Hello me hearties =)

There's been happening quite a lot of stuff since the last entry, but let's start at the beginning.
First of all, I finished the painting that was lying around in the corner for almost 2 years... I started it shortly after Nightwish's single storytime was out but then somehow lost the mood to continue... but now it's all done =)

Done with acrylics on a sheet of 30x40 cm Britannia watercolor paper. I'm still trying to make the new series of paintings for the NW album as a continuing story in some way, just as the songs of the album are .. I'm still working on the next one, the Ghost River piece, which has also a bridge in it... 

The 2nd thing then ... I ordered myself a stamp with my wartermark on :D Botched signatures on my artworks? Never again :D I just need a silver ink pad now cause it just won't work with the color I tried... but whatever. I can wait. 

Btw - the symbol represents the initials of my real name, an M and an A ;) I designed this piece a long time ago but never really had a use for it... one day not too long ago then I thought ok - I need a watermark. And so I found the symbol somewhere in the depths of my harddisk ... x) Now I went to one of these online stamp shops and ordered a customized stamp... Hope it will be of good use in the future. 

I also bought me some good drawing paper lately cause I'm running out of test sheets... got me some Fabriano accademia in 120g/m² and 200g/m² in A4 and A3 :) This paper is awesome for pencil portraits, I can only recommend it :)
 
So now on to the last thing I wanted to mention =)
I've been to the cinema yesterday with a friend, to watch The lone ranger :D 
(BEWARE, SPOILERS! If you don't mind being spoilt, read on.) 
And for those of you who haven't seen it yet - forget the shit that the critics are writing. The movie is awesome. Absolutely great what belongs to all the native american stuff and all that, I love it :) The landscape they filmed in also is stunning as well as the visual effects and the stunts. My fave things in the movie were the mad horse and the gun battle on the rolling trains =) Some szenes were so goddamn funny that we were almost lying down on the cinema floor laughing. BUT - some scenes badly reminded me of "Der Schuh des Manitu", a German comedy movie about a ranger and a gay native american ... I guess those Disney guys must have seen it at some point xD 
But all in all a great movie. Well, they combined Bruckheimer, Verbinski, Johnny Depp and Hans Zimmer again, there is no chance of a bad result ;) I also love the score, already got it here. 
The only thing I didn't like about the movie is that they used the old Tonto to recite his memories to a boy instead of pulling up the movie as a whole story. But everything else was great =)

Yeah so far for now... Cya =)

No comments:

Post a Comment