Thursday, December 05, 2013

Review time.

Hello me hearties,

I got a very cool early christmas present yesterday and now have watched and heard it completely. So I thought I write a review about it x)
It is: "Showtime, Storytime" by Nightwish - the nuclear blast mailorder edition.


It comes in a noble looking "book" ... as I think that this was meant in the description saying "book" .... There's high gloss black cardboard inside which contains the CDs / DVDs and the extras that are:

- 12 high quality photo cards
- a (printed) setlist
- an "access all areas" - pass (which will be of no future use I guess xD)
- a certificate (I've got number 832 out of 1000)
- an autograph card (sadly printed too. At least here I would've expected original autographs since this box is limited to 1000 pieces... but whatever, I've got enough of them ^^°)

Also sadly, that high gloss cardboard catches ugly fingerprints very fast that are hard to remove ... :( 

For the media content:
- The concert still is catching me, waking up some memories. Floor does her job very well, better than expected while hearing the record first before watching the DVD. I think they'll reach totally new levels with this woman as singer.  She's still got some dents here and there but I am sure that will fix with time.
- The documentary ... hm well. My mind is splitted. At some parts I'm just thinking "actors!" ... And it's clearly visible that they had trouble editing the material so that Anette is not to be seen. All in all it's nothing really new in the north. 

So at the end I think I'll give it 4 out of 5 stars because of that fingerprint - catching design and the questionable documentary. The rest is cool. And my DVD - drive is slowly dying T_T 

So far from me, cy'all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment