Friday, December 06, 2013

Art, art and ... art.

Hello me hearties =)

I'm full back in doing what I usually do. I started a new portrait to inaugurate my new Derwent pencil set =) The portrait is one that I wanted to do since a few months now. Here are some WIP's:


This time taped like a pro cause I want a neat white area around the pic. I might even get  a frame for it when it's finished. I try to get that awesome facial expression right but it's actually not as easy as I thought it would be. Still I think this will be one of my best works when it's done x) Probably I'll even show it to the model... ^_^ <3 I've got no title for it yet but I think it will be something special since this person is kinda special to me.

Btw here are the pencils I got lately :D I love them, I keep opening and closing the box just to look at them *_*


I have to get a bit adjusted to them, dunno but drawing with derwent pencils is different to faber castell xD Maybe it's only illusion and my head tells me that but I feel it is like this. 

Also - I lately discovered a new way to get great, smooth graphite surfaces in a walkthrough I found online. You simply need graphite powder and a bristol paintbrush and / or a kitchen sponge ... dip your paintbrush / sponge into the powder and work it onto the paper until you're satisfied. I still need a little practise but this method is great :D

 

So much for now =) C'yall :D

No comments:

Post a Comment