Saturday, October 19, 2013

Concert review.

Hello me hearties,
there I am again among the living I guess... it was a strenuous thursday that almost threw me out of my shoes but I think it was worth it :) But from the beginning.

First we were at the place way too early, sneaking around a bit to see where the entrance is ... just to drive off to a McDonald's first then cause we couldn't find a toilet arount the location... ^_^° 
Back then we accompanied the people that were already waiting there, having a nice talk, freezing a little and then being dragged back by the security people into the crumbling walls in front of the building to wait there... We then stood there for about another 2 hours until they'd let us in. But whatever, I think that belongs to a concert, sitting outside with strangers becoming friends :D

So we were inside then, waiting for another hour for the support band "Caspian" to start playing. I must say I was positively surprised. Everyone was complaining about them only playing instrumental and boring but I found them quite good. Just a little too loud maybe. Still I can recommend them.


After Caspian had finished, we slowly realized that it would get serious now. HIM would soon come on stage. A historical event for me, since this was my first time ever seeing them live... I still have problems believing that I really saw them standing up there... xD When you think of it, since my teens, since over 10 years I had only known them from photos and videos and then you see them live and in color standing in front of you... it is really kinda strange. 

The show was totally awesome. Maybe one of the best concerts I've ever seen in my life, though, for my taste, they could have made a few breaks inbetween the songs instead of smashing one after the other out ... But still it was great. And Ville seemed to have a lot of fun up there. At least we in the front row couldn't stop laughing. Yet when they played When love and death embrace he seemed to almost start crying. Probably all the goofing around was just a cover-up... Who knows. I also absolutely loved the light show. I think I've never seen a better one.


For more photos please visit my photo album on facebook. :)
After the concert we then went out where the buses were standing but had no luck since the band seemed to have disappeared right after the gig... but I later on read then that their truck had been robbed on the way from Milano to Vienna so I'm not wondering. I'd be paranoid too after that and look that I can disappear as fast as possible. So maybe there'll be a chance to get a photo with the maestro next time then. I will visit another concert of HIM for sure. They were totally awesome. And I'm hard to impress.

So far for now... 
A last thing besides all the concert stuff - my web page is FINALLY somewhere near going online, the adress is already registered and I've been told they're working on it now. So it can't take that long anymore. :) 

Cya *waves*

P.S.: This was the song I loved most of the whole set:

No comments:

Post a Comment