Sunday, March 15, 2015

News from the art swamp.

Hello =)

I'm a lazy writer in 2015, aren't I? :-/
Well there's been a lot of stuff happening in my formerly so quiet and calm life that left no space in my brain for any art or even getting everyday business done ... but now it has all calmed down and I can go back to normal. And write blog entries again :D

So first of all ... I got to lay my hands on some new Nightwish material (I know, bad me but well ...) and first absolutely disliked it. But after listening repeatedly I think I got the spirit behind it and so I transformed a painting that was originally meant to be an artwork for Oonagh's song "Gäa" into the first painting for "Endless forms most beautiful". The painting for "Shudder before the beautiful" :)
It was mostly the choir part that smashed me off my chair here and that I tried to include into the atmosphere. I wanted to create a place where you are somewhere out in nature but feel that you're not on this planet right at the moment when you let the spirit of the place and the awe take over your heart and gaze up to the stars. :) So here it is:


Inspiration was also the photomanip of a friend of mine. Well ok, that actually was the first spark for this idea ^_^°

You can buy the original painting at my etsy and get prints on society6 :)

Well and  the 2nd thing I'm working on (and can't seem to get forward, I'm just so lazy =_=) is a commission for a friend. I'm drawing her little sister :D Here's a few WIP's:


Gotta get this finished and then continue with a few artworks I'll take with me to italy ... heck, so little time left! =_= I wonder if I'll make it until then. I highly doubt it. :(

So ... what else?
I'm thinking about some kind of photo / video project for Élan ... because every time I have that song running in my car driving along the mountains here it just hits the nail on the head. Though I need to find something to process videos then because I can't render videos here since I still got that weak processor =_= We'll see.

And besides that I'm gazing at a few amazing images I wanna convert into portraits ^_^ Among them one I wanna make into an inverted color portrait because it HAS to be in color. Pencil would ruin the whole atmosphere. But I won't say more yet ;)


And a few drawing tutorials, yeah that's what I wanted to do.
So much to do, so little time ...

So I'm off to work again now! See y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment