Sunday, June 15, 2014

It's coming back to life.

Hello me hearties :)

How are you all doing?
Another big sorry for being away so long, I had a few health problems in the last weeks and another ton of stuff around me ears ... but I guess slowly I'm getting back on track, kicking the a** of my muse which apparently seems to have gone on vacation down to the beaches where my mind is on vacation too these days ... I totally lost my spirit in some way ... But now I'm starting to get it back =)

First of all - since I've got the "Life and times of Scrooge" album lately I am obsessed with wanting to be able to draw those disney characters ... also because I would so love to do a disney style watercolor painting for one of the songs but it seems this is gonna stay a dream since I'm not really talented in that way -.- I'm not getting the proportions right at all... but see yourself:



Still I've sentenced myself to practise drawing that stuff now because it's something I always wanted to be able to do. I have that book here and I will not stop until I can draw proper McDucks xD 

As for the album ... I don't really wanna do a review for it since I've got a strong personal aversion against Mrs. Kurkela ....  I won't tell anything further. But the album itself gets 8 ouf 10 points from me, minus the 2 for that hypocritical singer. The rest is arranged very well (Who wonders about that anyway? That piece is done by a genius.) and I can partly literally smell the fresh air up in the Yukon. Really great piece. Yeah, just so much for that. And is it just me or do I partly hear a Vangelis influence out of that soundtrack?

The positive side of that new musical material is - besides wanting to be able to draw Disney stuff - that my inner eye begins to work again means I'm sketching a lot in the last days. Here's two pieces I put down yesterday. One for "A lifetime of adventure" and one raw idea for Amberian Dawn's "Guardian" ...


I chose to trash the first version I did for lifetime of adventure because it's crap ... or better - I can't paint mountains. Need a better solution so I begin anew. 

But for now I'm gonna call it quits and move my lazy a** upstairs to get some sleep ... gonna continue working tomorrow, need to finally do something again and catch up. 

Have a lovely sunday everyone and see ya next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment